Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Red Velvet Cake Pops - Bake With Me!

                            Cake Batter                                                            Finished Cake Pops

These are my red velvet cake pops that I made with my Mum.

We started off by thinking about what flavour cake we should make, then we searched up a recipe on google.  We found a Chelsea Sugar Recipe that looked great.

After the cake was made, we cooled the cake, then crumbled it into a bowl and mixed some buttercream in, then rolled them into balls.

Next we dipped bamboo sticks into melted chocolate, poked them into the balls and froze them.

Finally we dipped them into chocolate and decorated them with sprinkles.

They were so yummy to eat, very crunchy around the outside.  This was so fun to make but quite messy and tricky.

Have you ever made cake-pops before?

Write in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Neiva
    Wow!! I love that cake. Even the mixture looks good enough to eat! I have never made the cake pops, but what a good idea! It would make the cake go further and people wouldn't eat too much! What a great first day of isolation you've had with your lovely Mum!
    I had a big walk then I've just been cleaning the house! Not exactly exciting. I did have a Zoom hang out with my friend though and she is going to try and make hot x buns!!
    I look forward to ready more posts Neiva!
    Mrs Pascoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Neiva
    Wow look at your amazing red velvet cake pops! They look delicious and your photo with the finished product is awesome. I haven't even heard of these before, they look perfect for a party. I think this was a really fun activity to do with your mum in lockdown, ka pai!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post